People can’t seem to get enough of Taylor Swift’s new single ‘Look What You Made Me Do’. The song shows off a darker side to the pop star and sees her take a jab at Kanye West and Katy Perry – two celebrities who she has had a very public feud with recently. The lyric video broke the Vevo record for the most-watched lyric video in 24 hours; garnering 19 million views in just one day.
Now, the star has released the official music video for the track – and it’s brilliantly executed. However, there are certain things you may not notice on first watch. Taylor put in a lot of effort and focused on the minor details – which is why this video is so great. This is why ‘Look What You Made Me Do’ will go down in history as the greatest video of 2017:
– In the graveyard scene, she wears the same outfit she did in the ‘Out Of The Woods’ video which signifies the end of the 1989 era. She buries herself in her 2016 Met Gala look.
– There is a tombstone with the name ‘Nils Sjoberg’ which is the name she used when she ghostwrote Calvin Harris’ ‘This Is What You Came For’
– In the bathtub, she is surrounded by gems and a single dollar note – she recently sued David Mueller for just $1 and won in a sexual assault lawsuit.
– She is sitting on a throne of snakes. She has been called a snake on numerous occasions and was recently spammed her with snake emojis after her feud with Katy Perry and Kim Kardashian. This is her finally owning the title.
– The throne is engraved with the words ‘Et Tu Brute’ – the phrase Julius Ceaser used after he was betrayed by those he thought were friends.
– During the car crash scene, she wears a wig that surprisingly looks like Katy Perry’s current look – despite the long hair. She is also holding a Grammy in the car taking a jab at the pop star who, to date, hasn’t won one.
– Taylor wears a ‘Junior Jewels’ T-Shirt which she wore in the ‘You Belong With Me’ video. Now, she recreated the shirt and added names of those close to her who stuck by her side regardless of her bad ‘reputation’. Names such as Ed Sheeran, Gigi Haded, Lena Dunham, Todrick Hall and Selena Gomez can be seen.
– Taylor robs a bank named ‘Stream Co’ which references the time she took on streaming giants Spotify and Apple Music – and won!
– She rules an ‘army of mannequins’ which represents her infamous squad – skinny, pretty white girls who seem to be brainwashed by the pop star.
– The male dancers wear I Heart TS shirts reminiscent of the one former lover Tom Hiddleston wore during a beach outing with the pop star.
– The end scene signifies the end of an era (“The old Taylor Swift can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because she’s dead!). Taylor re-enacts all of the famous looks she went through throughout her career. She recreates some of her famous looks, music video outfits and tour wardrobe. Taylor re-enacts the following in the infamous ‘tower of Taylor’: The 2015 iHeartRadio Awards, 1989 album cover, ‘22’ music video, ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ music video, ‘Our Song’ music video, 2014 and 2015 VMA outfits, ‘Shake It Off’ music video, ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ music video and the ‘You Belong With Me’ music video.
– The last scene sees the star a jab at all the biggest stories surrounding the star over the past few years. This includes her surprised face, her being fake, playing the victim (as she reportedly does in her music), taking a jab at Katy Perry’s ‘Karma’s not a liar – she keeps receipts’ lyric from ‘Swish Swish’ and wanting to be excluded from the Kanye and Kim narrative.
Feel free to comment, share or tweet @ElBroide