The Easter holidays are right around the corner and if you’re worried you or the kids might get bored, Montecasino has a variety of exciting activities for the entire family to enjoy. Montecasino is in full ‘Celebrazione’ mode this Easter and is pulling out the stops to deliver a non-stop playground for fun-lovers, food and drink aficionados, entertainment seekers, gaming enthusiasts, and the young at heart.
1. The Sound of Music opens at the Teatro on 31 March. It’s the world’s most popular musical and it’s a chance to enjoy the performance of timeless classics such as ‘My favourite things’, ‘Climb Every Mountain’, ‘Sixteen going on seventeen’, ‘The lonely goatherd’, and many more. Take the whole family and then take in an after-show meal at one of our restaurants.
2. The Easter playground will feature six giant inflatables for jumping fun for adults and kids alike.
3. The Nerf Zone will offer great excitement to battle-hungry warriors of all ages – yes, adults too!
4. Visit one – or more – of the five new restaurants, which offer a fantastic selection of cuisines and flavours to tempt the palate and deliver exciting new culinary experiences – the Hussar Grill world-class steak house; Casa Bella, which deliciously fuses Italian heritage with contemporary finesse; the fun, fabulous and flavourful La Rosa Mexican Grille and Tequileria; Ocean Basket, for the best in fish and seafood; and the Fireroom, for excitement, sushi, and a tantalising taste of Oriental fusion.
5. The Montecasino Bird Gardens are always a treat with its exotic menagerie of beautiful birds, reptiles, and mammals – and well worth a visit. But this Easter there’s more on the Bird Gardens calendar. On Sunday 1 April at 11:30am and 1:30pm there will be treasure hunts for 200 children at each event, with the Easter Bunny and Beacon in attendance giving away sweets and Easter eggs.
6. The great holiday movie line-up at Movies@Montecasino from 30 March includes Ready Player One, Peter Rabbit, Winchester, Tyler Perry’s Acrimony, and The Leisure Seeker.
7. Take time for a belly laugh or two at Parker’s Comedy & Jive, the comedy club that showcases the best in local and international stand-up comedy, and the brainchild of SA comedian Joe Parker.
8. On the casino floor, the fabulous La Dolce Vita promotion will have its final cash and funky Mini Cooper Hatch giveaway to a lucky participating Rewards cardholder on 31 March. The Spoilt for Choice promotion launches on 1 April with close on R2 million to be won by participating Black Rewards cardholders playing slots or tables in 13 weekly draws, with a further close on R2 million in cash or cars to be won by all tiers Rewards cardholders in six Saturday draws – through to end June.
9. Darling of South Africa, Pieter Dirk-Uys (Evita Bezuidenhout) is back with ‘When in doubt say darling’ from 4 April at the Pieter Toerien Theatre, with his particular perspective and brand of humour on all things politics.
10. Have a delicious designer cocktail experience – at the Parisian flavoured Milk and Honey Bar, on the deck of Southern Sun Montecasino, or at 3Sixty Liquid Lounge. Then go and play the night away.
Please feel free to comment, share or tweet me @ElBroide