When one is asked to think about the greatest pop starts in the local Afrikaans scene, Brendan Peyper’s name will quickly spring up. The 22-year-old pop star has been hard at work prepping his upcoming third studio album ‘Dis Nie Sonde Nie’ and ahead of the album’s release later this month, we got the star to share some fun facts about the exciting new project with us.
This is everything you need to know about Brendan Peyper’s ‘Dis Nie Sonde Nie’:
• The album drops in store and on all major digital music platforms on 26 October 2018.
• There are 13 tracks on the album including the hit ‘Klim Jou Everest’
• The next single off the album is titled ‘Jy Laat Dit So Maklik Lyk’ and it drops everywhere on the 12th of October 2018.
• Don’t expect any collaborations on this record. This album is all Brendan.
• His girlfriend inspired many of the songs on this record so expect some mushy love songs.
• Brendan’s favourite song off the album is a track titled ‘Vir Nou’. His second favourite? The title track.
• The album took approximately ten months to put together.
• Some of the popular themes on the album include love and motivation.
• As always, Brendan has a few country tracks on this project but it’s mostly a pop/rock record.
• After starring as Buddy Holly in The Buddy Holly Story earlier this year, Brendan has added a medley into the record which features tracks like ‘Oh Boy’, ‘Maybe Baby’ and ‘Johnny Be Good’.
Feel free to comment, share or tweet @ElBroide