Khaya Dladla was the first celebrity to find his smooothest fan on Tropika Smoooth Fan. Four die-hard celebrity fans were chosen out of thousands to compete in a variety of interactive games and ultimately Lumko Mpande was officially crowned Khaya’s smooothest fan. Lumko won himself prizes to the value of R50 000 and will now move on to compete in the final alongside the smooothest fans of the other celebrity contestants in the hopes of winning R250 000 cash and a Honda Amaze.
These Are Some Of The Exciting Things We Learned About Khaya Dladla On Tropika Smoooth Fan:
- Khaya was born in Umlazi, a township in Kwazulu-Natal. Khaya says he had a happy childhood in the township and was sheltered from abuse and crime.
- Khaya’s character on SABC 1’s hit soap Uzalo, G.C., was initially supposed to be a guest role. The character was initially scripted in for three episodes but the positive response and entertainment value saw producers sign Khaya on as a series regular.
- Khaya started performing ballet at the tender age of six years old. His passion for the artistic dance form landed him his debut role in a play at the age of eight.
- Khaya won the Best Supporting Actor award at the Simon Sabela Awards for his portrayal of G.C. on Uzalo back in 2015.
- Khaya Dladla is a musician as well and is part of the music group ‘Salt & Light’.
- Khaya obtained a degree in Communication Science.
- His favourite Tropika flavour is the delicious Mango Peach flavour.
- Khaya is one of six children and he loves being part of a big family saying that they all look out for each other.
- Khaya starred in a stage production titled ‘How Long?’ earlier this year which was directed by Duma Ndlovu with choreographed by Somizi Mhlongo.
- Khaya has had some modelling experience as well. He walked the runway at the Durban Fashion Fair back in 2016.
Catch Tropika Smoooth Fan every Friday at 18:00 on SABC 1.
Feel free to comment, share or tweet @ElBroide