The popularity of the gin and tonic beverage continues to rise! International Gin & Tonic Day, celebrated worldwide on the 19th of October, gives us a reason to indulge in the flamboyant and revitalising flavours and scents of the trendiest thirst-quencher on any cocktail menu. Gin lovers are invited to celebrate International G&T Day by visiting five of Montecasino’s restaurants for a decadent tasting experience of their unique renditions of the classic G&T.
In the spirit of sharing and creating, give gin lovers the chance to immerse themselves in the attached five signature G&T recipes from Portugalo, 3SIXTY, Southern Sun Montecasino, Malt Barrel & Fire, and Fireroom to impress friends in the comfort of their own home.
Raspberry and Thyme G&T By 3Sixty Liquid Lounge
- 5ml (1 ½ tots) Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 5ml (½ tot) raspberry puree
- 25ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh thyme
- Tonic water
- Pour the gin, raspberry puree, lemon juice and three thyme sprigs into a shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain the liquid over ice, top up with tonic water and garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of thyme.
Lavender and Lime G&T by Portugalo
- 50ml Gordon’s Gin
- 25ml Lavender Extracts
- 2 limes (or lemon wedges if limes not available)
- Tonic water
- Ice blocks
- Sprig of lavender
- In a shaker place the ice blocks, Gordon’s Gin, Lavender Extracts and lime wedges.
- Shake very well.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and strain the contents of the shaker into the glass with a fine strainer.
- Place the sprig of Lavender in the glass for the final touch.
Portugalo International G&T Day Special:
Portugalo will be partnering with Gordon’s Gin on Saturday 19 October to celebrate International G&T Day. Come and enjoy a ‘Buy 1, get 1 Free’ special on any of Portugalo’s G&T cocktails from the cocktail menu. Offer valid from 11am to 6pm.
The Dr Rosso by Southern Sun Montecasino
In a highball glass add:
- 25mls Gin
- 25mls Martini Rosso
- Top with tonic
- Garnish with an orange wheel or two.
Blue Magic By Malt Barrel & Fire
- 2 tots of Mirari Blue Orient Gin,
- 1 can of Fitch and Leedes Blue Tonic
- 2 lime wedges
- 8 blueberries
- In a shaker, mix 2 tots of Mirari Blue Orient Gin, 1 can of blue tonic, 2 lime wedges (squeezed).
- Shake well.
- Decant contents from shaker into glass and add dry ice and blue berries
- Six dogs Gin Blue Gin
- Blue or pink tonic
- Fresh fruit,
- Edible flowers and blue pea flowers
- In a shaker, mix Six Dogs Blue Gin and your chosen blue or pink tonic with ice.
- Shake well.
- Decant contents from the shaker into the glass and garnish with fresh fruit, edible flowers of your choice, rosemary and blue pea flowers.
Six Dogs Blue Gin by Fireroom
Feel free to comment, share or tweet @ElBroide