Tonight, the ultimate search for love begins on M-Net as the second season of The Bachelor South Africa takes flight. In tonight’s debut episode, Marc Buckner will meet the 22 lovely ladies who are ready to potentially become the love of his life.
These stunning women are all strong, independent and accomplished individuals who deserve Marc’s heart – and a date with all romantic souls and reality show fans. Two more reasons to watch The Bachelor SA are the two thorns among the roses: 2020’s catch of the year and his compassionate best man, show host Jason Greer.
Season 2’s 22 Bachelorettes are (in alphabetical order):
- As her name suggests, 26-year-old Amor Kruger from Pretoria is a true romantic, loyal, kind and soft-hearted soul. Born and bred in Pretoria, Amor holds an LLB degree from Unisa, but her first love has always been dancing. She donned her first pair of ballet shoes when she was six-years-old, and later landed a gig as a Blue Bulls Babe.
- Radiant redhead Andeline Wieland (24) is a farm girl from Namibia with Afrikaans and German ancestry. She was crowned Miss Teen Namibia in 2012 and was the first princess at the Miss Namibia 2016 pageant. Thereafter, she nabbed the prestigious Miss Continents 2017 title. Andeline is studying towards her third qualification at the University of Stellenbosch, which follows a Bachelor’s degree in Drama and a postgrad in Journalism.
- 31-year-old Bridget Marshall now lives in Sea Point, Cape Town, but is originally from Durban – just like Marc. Bridget is a big-hearted soul with a big personality, big smile and big dreams. To light up any room is her superpower. She works as a lifestyle manager for a concierge company in Cape Town.
- Melkbosstrand’s Daniella Thibault (25) has a mega-watt smile and an enviable positive outlook on life. In her first year studying, she juggled three jobs and is now a successful self-made businesswoman, running her online marketing and e-commerce venture.
- Gillian Seetso (26) grew up with her mother in Roodepoort as part of a wonderful extended family and was schooled in Afrikaans, which she, of course, speaks fluently. Whether it’s in seTswana, Afrikaans or English, this effervescent receptionist loves talking and has an exceptional ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Open-minded, free-spirited party girl Greta Sher (27) from Broadacres, Johannesburg, was born in Lithuania and her family is of mixed European heritage. She has been in SA since she was 12-years-old and works as a nail technician. To keep fit, she most definitely does not do running or cycling. She prefers twerking!.
- Jessica Calder (27) is a calm, caring and gentle patisserie chef and bakery owner who makes her own bespoke and decadent cakes and cookies in Constantia, Cape Town. When Jessica C is not busy conjuring up these to-die-for delights in the kitchen, she is working out in the gym, taking part in challenging obstacle races or simply enjoying time with her friends and family, usually with a glass of chardonnay in hand.
- There’s another Jessica on the show. Her surname is Ross and she will be called Jessica R (28) on the show. She’s an angel-faced fashion designer from Cape Town who has her own bodywear brand, Active Spirit. In 2014, she was one of four AFI Joburg Fashion Week winners.
- Level-headed girl-next-door Marisia van Wyk (24) from Klerksdorp is a speech therapist and audiologist whose job has taught her to adapt to different life situations. She is fluent in five languages, including sign language and French. She also plays the piano.
- Pretoria’s Michaela Liebenberg (24) is a career woman who is super passionate about her work and wants to be a role model who empowers women. She measures success through the achievement of goals and is practical when it comes to romance. She wants to be with a family-oriented man who will support and respect her independence and professional life.
- Representing the Eastern Cape, Mulesa Lumina (27) from Baysville in East London is an elegant, soft-spoken and accomplished mediator who was born in the United Kingdom to Zambian parents and spent her childhood in Zambia, Australia, Swaziland and South Africa. She obtained an LLB degree from the University of Cape Town and a Master’s degree specialising in Human Rights Law from the University of Pretoria. She is passionate about female empowerment and believes actions speak louder than words. She consulted for the Women’s Rights Unit of the Centre for Human Rights in Zambia and joined the International Youth Alliance for Family Planning, for which she does volunteer work.
- 27-year-old Nolo Moloi is not just a pretty face. She also has a beautiful voice and is a bubbly, outgoing and outspoken freelance journalist, radio host and voice-over artist that has founded an NPO. She studied at the University of Stellenbosch, travelled to Indonesia on her own for 21 days and loves to challenge the status quo. Nolo is from Midrand.
- With her ravishing looks, abundant curly tresses and a feisty personality multi-talented dancer Pasha dos Santos (27) promises to be a show-stopping presence in the Bachelor mansion. She was born in East London, studied in Pretoria and now lives in Cape Town.
- Parushka Moodley (34), originally from Pietermaritzburg, is pursuing her passion for storytelling in the City of Gold. Before moving to Jozi, she studied Art History and English Literature at Rhodes University and an honours degree in Film Directing was the next logical step on her creative journey.
- Payal Sewbalak (30) – fondly known as Pi – is a super-sophisticated Business Development Manager with drive and ambition. This go-getter from Kyalami has reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Vivacious, confident, kind and free-spirited are just a few words to describe Capetonian Qiniso van Damme (26), the sister of an outspoken Member of Parliament. Qiniso has made a name for herself as model and actress. But she’s also a feminist and UCT Masters Student in Social Anthropology.
- Multi-talented Rikki Brest (34) from Johannesburg has an impressive CV. She has co-presented a show with the legendary Top Gear team; played many prestigious DJ gigs; drummed up a storm in popular South African bands; created her own band Chix with Stix; had her own radio show, and crafted a successful career as a marketing expert and lecturer! She’s also a real petrolhead.
- Sizzler Silke Geugis is 26 and from Cape Town. She is a vegan activist, as well as a physics and math tutor who was born of a German father and a South African mom. Even though she cares about the planet, she’s not your typical tree-hugger. She’s a go-getter, who does not beat around the bush.
- Grecian beauty Stefanie Vangelatos (27) is a smart, sensitive, romantic soul who is making waves as a social media influencer. She’s at her happiest when she’s posting pretty pictures on “The Gram”, but has obtained both her degrees cum laude. Stef is from Johannesburg.
- Tomboy Tamryn Muller (30) is a soldier with a law degree. She also practices martial arts and surprise, surprise, this sporty Bachelorette is also a model and will unforgettably strut her stuff on the Bachelor red carpet!
- 31-year-old Tegan Edwards from Waterkloof Ridge in Pretoria is an energetic and down-to-earth former professional tennis player who now coaches the game and runs ultra-marathons.
- Compassionate Xia Narain (23) is a classic example of “beauty meets brains”, wrapped in an exotic package. The long-legged international model from Durban was a Top-16 Miss SA 2019 finalist and holds a bachelor’s degree in General and Industrial Psychology from UKZN.
Catch The Bachelor SA Season 2 every Thursday at 19h00 on M-Net.